Thursday, May 29, 2008

T Minus

About 4 days and counting.  Science Immersion training begins on Monday at City College, 9AM.  While I am not looking forward to waking up with the birds for my long commute to City College, I am looking forward to meeting other science fellows and beginning training.

When it comes to science, I'm kind of a geek.  I find biology thoroughly fascinating and the various other fields of science to be at the least, engaging.  I am hoping that during the immersion training, there will be ample focus in biology as that is what I enjoy and what I have been assigned to teach.

On a more logistical note, I am currently trying to plough through the Guidebook given to me by NYCTF.  I feel a bit irresponsible for not having completed it yet.  However, I have a feeling that it will not be utilized until training for everyone begins (not just immersion fellows).  This is not to say that I will be swamped with free time to read it during immersion training.  I imagine quite the contrary, which is why I'm hitting it hard now.

I am definitely looking forward to receiving the extra $1,000 stipend for the immersion training after it ends, following the first two weeks.  Money's not everything, but it sure it nice to pay the rent and eat.

All in all, I am very much looking forward to training.  I have a few contacts from the area and out of state who are all gearing up as well.  I look forward to meeting them in person and beginning a wonderfully exciting new experience.  

1 comment:

Mr. Dugong said...

Don't stress out too much about reading the whole guidebook. It's only used as a reference anyway, it's not going to be assumed knowledge or you won't be tested on it. If anything they'll announce what you need to have read in advance. But it's got some helpful strategies. I haven't opened mine since training though...