Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Week Ahead

Here comes the busiest week yet.

Thus far, I've only had two long days - last Wednesday & Thursday.  On my long days, I wake up at 5, have breakfast, read the news and head out to my school to be there at 8.  From 8 until 12:15, I observe and team teach several Living Environment sections.

Afterwards, I head up to CCNY for coursework, which begins at 1:30.  Theoretically, this gap should be enough time for lunch and train ride.  Often lunch is a bit short.  From 1:30 until 4ish, I have my graduate coursework.  At 4, we all have our Student Achievement Framework (SAF) session.  This lasts until 5:50, at which point I am free to commute home.

Excluding an hour commute each way, this rounds out to be about a 10 hour day.  So far, two days of this is overwhelming and so I can imagine four will  be two-fold.  While I do love student teaching, the coursework can be a bit repetitive.  It seems I just hear the same hot-button words over and over (differentiated instruction, formative assessment, diagnostics, etc...).  However, we are currently mapping out our curricula for our respective courses, which is incredibly practical and helpful, so I am glad to be doing that.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the week, but not the long long days.  Most of all, I am looking forward to more time in the classroom with students.

No comments: